When elected Sheriff of Hamilton County, Charmaine McGuffey is committed to accountability in all areas of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Charmaine McGuffey understands that developing and maintaining a balanced budget is a critical responsibility of the Sheriff. Her commitment is to respect taxpayer dollars with transparency, efficiencies, cost-savings, and audits.
- For Charmaine McGuffey, safety is a top priority. That means safe communities and safe environments for deputies as well as those who are incarcerated.
- A Human Resources department will be established to enhance recruiting and retention practices and promote diversity to include more women and people of color in leadership and rank positions.
- Training for all staff will include implicit bias, diversity, de-escalation, crisis intervention, and cultural competency. Officers will be held accountable when incidences of excessive use of force occur.
- Charmaine McGuffey is committed to working cooperatively with other County and City agencies to ensure justice and fair treatment for all.