Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey is committed to accountability in all areas of the Sheriff’s Office.
- Sheriff McGuffey understands that developing and maintaining a balanced budget is a critical responsibility of the sheriff. Her commitment is to respect taxpayer dollars with transparency, efficiencies, cost-savings, and audits. In Sheriff McGuffey’s first two years in office, her department has come in under budget, this after the prior administration was over budget nearly $25 million over an eight-year period.
- Sheriff McGuffey’s top priority is safety. That means safe communities and safe environments for deputies as well as those who are incarcerated.
- Sheriff McGuffey established a Human Resources department to enhance recruiting and retention practices and promote diversity to include more women and people of color in leadership and rank positions.
- Sheriff McGuffey is focused on training for all staff that includes implicit bias, diversity, de-escalation, crisis intervention, and cultural competency. Deputies will be held accountable when incidences of excessive use of force occur.
- Sheriff McGuffey is committed to working cooperatively with other County and City agencies to ensure justice and fair treatment for all.