“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Former Major Charmaine McGuffey’s pledge to voters is to lead the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office toward justice because the arc will bend toward justice only when we work together.
- Charmaine McGuffey will run all aspects of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office with a focus on the initiatives of safety, service, and respect for all, to ensure equal justice for everyone who encounters her staff.
- She will hold herself to the high standards she requires of her deputies and other staff of her Office.
- She will honor the right of every person to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- She will require deputies to use de-escalation when faced with aggressive encounters, to ensure that officers are using the necessary level of force needed for the safety of those officers and the community at large.
- She will be counted as a member of the team of Hamilton County officials who serve every member of the public, with excellence.
- She will listen to and learn from the staff of her office and the community to make the Sheriff’s Department the best it can be.