“The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.”
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey’s continued pledge to voters is to lead the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office toward justice because the arc will bend toward justice only when we work together.
- Sheriff McGuffey runs all aspects of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office with a focus on safety, service, and respect for all, to ensure equal justice for everyone who encounters her staff.
- She holds herself to the high standards she requires of her deputies and other staff of her Office.
- She honors the right of every person to be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- She requires deputies to use de-escalation when faced with aggressive encounters, to ensure that deputies are using the necessary level of force needed for the safety of those deputies and the community at large.
- She is a member of the team of Hamilton County officials who serve every member of the public, with excellence.
- She supports fair labor laws and safe working conditions for the hard working men and women in labor.
- She listens to and learns from the staff of her office and the community to make the Sheriff’s Department the best it can be.